Today, I awoke at 6:45AM, with only a slightly upset stomach. Not bad for just under 5 hours sleep after a good night’s partying. Today is list day.
Last night I consumed (for the record, it was not the same as 5 martinis)
- 1 Guinness
- 2 Bombay Sapphire martinis
- 3 shots Bailey’s with coffee
- 1 shot Jaegermeister
- 2 cokes
- 2 glasses of water
Shoot, a guy could have a pretty good time in Vegas with all that stuff…
I feel spectacular all things considered.
Met some fantastic people at Mad Anthony’s last night. This may be the beginnings of a great new tradition. I just need to find people who want to go get drunk and sing. The bar is non-smoking, which is fantastic for me, but no good for Cake, the only other person I know who’s ever said, “Hell, ya, let’s go karaoke!” So, I just need to figure out how to build this Saturday night karaoke club.
My reading list as of today (it gets longer faster than it gets shorter–(requisite “that’s not what she said”) )
- Underworld – Don DeLillo
- Before You Know Kindness – Chris Bohjalian
- The Glass Key, The Red Harvest & The Maltese Falcon – Dashiell Hammett
- The Mysteries of Pittsburgh – Michael Chabon
- The Lady, The Chef, and the Courtesan – Marisol
- Politics – Adam Thirlwell
- A Feast for Crows – George R. R. Martin
Who’s got my “Adventures of Kavalier & Clay” by one Mr. Chabon?
Looks like I’ve had my first Netflix mail problems–they normally get the movie returns in a day. Four days ago I dropped them at the Norristown post office. First and last time I use it for Netflix, I think.
Things to do soon
- Clean the house
- Find a Val Kilmer quote from every movie he’s been in–“Why, Johnny Ringo, you look like a ghost just walked over your grave.”
- Switch to using only a laptop at home
- Find a use for all the flat screens the above decision will free up
- Pay the bills, dammit!
- Find a place to put away the summer clothes
- Harass Mike about the next poker night
On with it, then!